Sunday, July 4, 2010

lenienza, 5pm

At last, the remaining strokes of the painting works were done. Even with the interruption of the scaffoldings, I can already see its grandeur – the product of some years of stashing salaries, bonuses and mortgage loans. Finally, seven years of renting will come to a close.

Outside, I look at all four sides to see if everything’s put in place.

The glass on the east side walls will be a huge savings on the power bill. With the sun freely coming in, there won’t be a need to turn any lights on during the day. And, isn’t it quixotic to see the rain drip on them come rainy days?

Good that I insisted on stainless for the railings on the terrace above the car porch. Wrought irons couldn’t have been this chic. I imagine the Friday beer sessions on that terrace. But the singing should not be so loud to agitate the neighbor (I heard he has short temper).

The architect made a great job inside. The study was in hues of black and white with huge shelves pushed to the side.The same motif for the kitchen, the rooms and the bath. Solid colors; they’re not so loud. I’m thinking of giving the architect a bonus.

On the southwest corner of the lot, I’ll start growing trees: rambutan, lanzones, durian. I’ll build a payag there too where the family can stay for siesta.

‘Come on,’ my brother-in-law calls out, ‘rain’s coming!’

Suddenly, the house was gone and all that lays there is a grass-teemed piece of lot. Next time, I’ll be bringing a scythe.

7 comments:

  1. wow pang, im excited for you! the house plan looks very nice! may i see it also? hehe! that is if its ok with you... Still a long way to go but i know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. grabbed that from google, not the plan yet. can't find an approximation of what i have in mind. the design might already be outdated if i had it made now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. LOL. Thought that was it already. Base on your description Pang, I think your house will be very "homey". Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow can we drop by for siestas and ... snacks? can't wait the real stuff, even the thoughts makes me hungry. grrrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. to pastille - i'll invite you when it's done and when you tell me who pastille is. afraid to take strangers in :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow tups! i remember how you used to always point out things and say, "i want that in my dream house." and now magstastart na sya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @dee - hardly pa heids. will have to win the lottery first :)

    ReplyDelete